Sunday 22 November 2015

CUP: Aberdeen

This Alice in wonderland meets pastels and porcelain little slice of girly heaven, is not your average tea room; taking you to a world so far away from reality, you'll forget you were ever in Aberdeen...

Established in 2013, this artisan tearoom has been one of my top places to grab a hot chocolate or a quick bite to eat for the past two years. Its reputation in Aberdeen proceeds itself and I would quite happily stay there all day accompanied by a good magazine or book in hand.

The attention to detail within the four walls of Aberdeen's cutest tearoom, CUP, is every Pintrest fans dream dining destination. From the stunning duck egg 'map of the world' blue wall, to the delicate salt and papers shakers, to the decorative teacups and saucers guests are treated to, and the exciting journey through an unknown world of mischief to the bathroom, this place truly is adorable.

Not only is the aesthetic and interior a huge talking point of the tearoom, the food and drinks selection is also deliciously divine, and in my opinion, the proof of the pudding for this quirky premises.            
I've visited this cute local establishment plenty of times, with many waffles and hot chocolates consumed, and I must confess, they have some of, if not the finest waffles I have tasted in the Granite City. The atmosphere is always buzzing in CUP (not dependent on how much coffee you drink), and whether you visit on a Wednesday morning or Saturday afternoon, this place is always busy.


Not only are the thatched delights (yes I'm referring to the waffles here) something I tend to waffle on about to friends, but the soup and sandwich menu is also very varied, offering a wide selection of tasty sandwiches to meet all preferences. What I love about the sandwich dishes is the healthy portion of crisps which comes on the side. The small taster of the soup of the day is also a nice touch. Although I've never experienced it yet, I've heard the all day breakfast is what dreams are made of. 

Another aspect to the tearoom which has always stuck with me, is the way they present their flavoured teas. Below, you can see my flavoured berry ice tea, with timers at the ready, to help me brew the perfect cup of tea. I'm not a coffee fan; the stuff really doesn't agree with me at all, so anytime I'm out and about I enjoy trying out new hot or cold beverages, which can tantalise my tastebuds and make my company jealous. I think CUP have nailed this in a oner with their iced teas and pink lemonade. This little fantasy world away from home is somewhere I urge every Aberdonian to try out, and if you're not a local get your ass to Aberdeen, trust me, it's totally worth it for the waffles alone.

  For now...

Just Julia

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Julia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig