Thursday 25 August 2016

My top #Nationalburgerday Aberdeen picks


Ah National Burger Day, oh how I welcome you with open arms. Burgers, my one true kryptonite adding many the inch to my waist line since 1992. Since winning a competition at McDonald's at the young age of seven - I had to colour in a picture and bagged myself a serious My Little Pony haul, I have loved these juicy, delicious, lip-smackingly beautiful creations for as long as I can remember. 
With today marking one of the most important dates in the diary, #NationalBurgerDay, there was no chance I was missing out the opportunity to scream and shout about my favourite burger restaurants.

So, as expected, it was only right that I did a round up of my top three places to bag a burger, with another few special restaurants listed at the end too. Also, although it's top secret (sort of) you'll get a rough idea of when Five Guys is opening in Aberdeen too - I know, I can't wait either. 

So butter your buns and get your sauces at the ready, you're in for a beefy ride.

If you live in Aberdeen and haven't herd of these guys then I'm sorry, but we can't be pals. One of my favourite places to head for a burger, The Boozy Cow has brought some funk to the burger scene, opening the city of Aberdeen up to the weird and wonderful when it comes to burger toppings. From ice cream to crispy maple cured streaky bacon, you've gotta try 'em out. And with their ethos being very much focused on eating with your fingers, it's a fun, cool place to enjoy really bangin' food.

If you're feeling super peckish though, be sure to leave some space for dessert, their milkshakes are heaven!

What more does any burger restaurant need than good old Angus beef accompanied with a thirst-quenching pint of beer. With the beef dry aged on the bone for 28 days these burgers are seriously juicy. A definite must try is the Tim'rous Beastie (£11.50), with beef, haggis, mustard mayonnaise coleslaw, neep chutney, lettuce and tomato, it's right Scottish so it is. Best of all, all their burgers are 100% Angus beef...no bull!


Oh Maggie, well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking, and I need you today, oh Maggie.

One of Aberdeen's best soul food restaurants, Maggie's Grill knows how to leave guests licking their fingers on the hunt to eat every last morsel. With it's field to fork ethos and every dish made with real soul, these guys have nailed their burger offering, never mind the rest of their pretty epic menu.

With a cool 'pimp my burger' feature on the menu, it's no wonder these guys made it on my list for Aberdeen's best burgers. With hush puppies and fried pickles to accompany, you'll be rolling out the door fully satisfied.

Coming soon...Five Guys:
Coming to Aberdeen this October, I just had to include these guys in my #NationalBurgerDay post. Yes ok they're a chain, and yes ok they're slightly over priced, but my lord they taste deeelicious. 

I don't know if it's the fries which are fried in peanut oil, or if it's the two mouth-watering burger patties that make my stomach growl with content when I think about burgers, but Five Guys is a must for a quick bite to eat. A posh version of Burger King really, with an awesome soda machine which features every flavour of soda you can imagine. Raspberry Fanta you say? No problem.

Of course, this list could potentially be never ending with my track record of trying out A LOT of burgers in Aberdeen over the past few years. I've decided to pull together some of my other top picks that you're guaranteed to love just as much as I do. My must tries also include; The Adelphi Kitchen, Cue Barbecue, 99 Bar & Kitchen, Musa, Rye & Soda, The Bieldside Inn, Malmaison and The Chester. There's also a shit load of chain restaurants too, but screw 'em, go support local and try out something new.

Happy #NationalBurgerDay ya'll may the burgers be with you!

For Now...

Just Julia


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Julia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig