Wednesday 7 September 2016

National Beer Lover's Day: Fierce Beer Fuego Feroz launch (Aberdeen)

Ah National Beer Lover's Day, oh how the beery lovers of the world welcome you with open arms. And for once, so do I! It's not a big secret that I've really not been a fan of beer, wether it's craft or not, if you'd have asked me if I liked beer a few months ago I probably would have pulled one of those 'yucky' kids faces. Not any more.

After recently bumping in to the awesome bunch at Fierce Beer, I was introduced to the hoppy golden liquid Fierce had on offer. To my surprise I actually really liked the taste of these beers, like, really liked them. Was something wrong with me? Was I ill? Was I having an out of body experience and dreaming about the day I actually finally liked beer? Nope, it was just some god damn good beer hitting my palate like no beer had done before. I don't know if it was their fierce branding or their fierce beers which I feel in love with first, but boy did I fall hard.

Now one of my PR clients, these guys are insanely good brewers, creating some of the most flavoursome beers I've tasted to date. One beer which sticks in my mind when I'm chatting about these witty, fierce, pack-a-punch of flavour, beers is Fuego Feroz. A recently(ish) launched beer, Fuego boasts some serious heat. Think a shit load of habanero chillies and refreshing fresh lime juice. UNREAL.

Last month, I joined the team at Fierce Beer to launch this insane beer at an exclusive tasting event at The Tipping House. Their chefs had worked tirelessly to create dishes which would accompany the beers and compliment their strong flavours. The team didn't disappoint.

Pairings included;

Eskimo Joe (a vanilla and coffee pale ale) with a venison and silverskin onion hot pot
Granadilla Guerrila (a passionfruit West Coast IPA) with smoky BBQ pulled pork shoulder sliders
Lemmy 'Avit (a lemon and rocksalt wheat beer) with lamb and apricot tagine with five spice flatbread
Fuego Feroz (a spiced pale ale) with honey and pistachio coated chicken drums and garlic and rosemary infused hanger steak
Café Racer (a dark porter with espresso beans and vanilla) with chocolate mousse

A great event all round, the Fierce beers were a huge hit with guests, a great success for the team at a brilliant venue. You can check out my photo diary of what went down below...


   For Now...

Just Julia
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Julia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig